Sunday, April 17, 2016

3



My new comp is pretty awesome. Like by far one of my favorites. We have quite a lot in common, and really puch one another to be the best we can. We have set some crazy high goals for this change, and have been doing everything we can to reach them. My companion is pretty much the smartest guy out there... He speaks Guarani. Like do you have any idea how hard of a language it is? I have been studying it qute thouroughly for almost 2 years, and hear it EVERY day, and can hardly have a basic conversation. But my comp talks like a native Paraguayo, it's quite awe inspiring. If you speak Guarani, the people LOVE you, but absolutely adore you. For example, we showed up to a family of "Guarangos" or Guarani speakers, which we normally just pass right by, because trying to communicate with them is just so dang hard. But my comp just walks righ up to them and starts jabering away in Guarani. Everybody was so shocked!! haha We then taught them a lesson in Guarani (well, mostly he did) and they accepted a baptismal date and happened to be relatives of a less active member. And this is just a start of all the miracles!


The zone is good. It's been quite a challenge working with so many missionaries... it's quite tiring being in diviones with the other Elders about 2 of the 7 days of the week, it takes a lot of energy out of you. But the Lords promise when he said (Rough translation) "Come unto me all ye who are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" applies jsut as much to us, being missionaries, as to those whom we teach. I have found a true peace being out here working as a missionary, and i truly feel the Lords divine help.


"And it came to pass, that I Nephi, saw the power of the Lamb of God descend upon the saints of the church of the Lamb.. y que se hallaban dispersados for all the world; and were armed with righetoeusness and the power of God in great glory"


Well, so Nephi saw us. I love being a misionary. It is so bittersweet that it is coming to a close... but I have been so blessed to be here in the Lords service. Love you guys!



Elder Horton

No comments:

Post a Comment