Monday, December 7, 2015

Super Storm











Wow. What a week. So I stayed in my area... to witness the biggest storm Paraguay has seen in years...


Let me start off by saying I have not showered since Wednesday night. There is no running water, or electricity. Thursday morning, a huge electric storm hit, at around 4:30 in the morning, and lasted about 2 hours, during which it was impossible to sleep. Water was seeping in from who knows where, and we spend the night clearing our house of water, even though we live on a 2 story house. But I have no room to complain, seeing what has happened with all the Paraguayans... Many simply don't have houses anymore. Simply put, nobody was prepared for such a storm. Some shut themselves in their wardrobes to avoid getting blown away, one mom wrapped here kids in their foam mattres s and put them under the bed to keep them protected. I feel like this week has changed me more than any other. I feel sad... but in a humble way. Like sad to see the people here have to suffer.


Needless to say, we have had many opportunities to serve others. From cutting down trees, to helping people put make together their roofs, to bringing people water. We luckily have a huge storage tank in our house, so don't you worry Mom ha


I don't have too much time, but just know that I'm safe, and that the people here could really use your prayers. Love you guys! I will try to send pics, but we are emailing from a different cyber, we had to travel an hour or so to email today. Love you guys


Elder Horton

No comments:

Post a Comment