Monday, May 4, 2015

Hey, Hey, Hey, Goodbye!

Cynthia y su bautismo!
You have no idea how hard it is to get Pizza Hut delivered to Paraguay!

Moto Taxi!  A motorcycle pulled wagon is the mode of transportation

Man tough CrOWd!



Saying goodbye to my comp this week! (Elder Cronin) He takes off this Wednesday back to Utah.... Ahhhh man it's tough being his last comp! I mean, I love it because I get all of his stuff, but he is jsut thinking and talking about home all the time, so it's tough to not miss home like crazy! haha And it didn't help for nothing that I was in my bed sick for the first few days of this week either. Buttttttt I'¡m better now! haha Being sick on the mission is the worst, because you just wanna be out working so bad! Although I have found out it is not the best thing to tell the members that you are sick, because then they want to help you out hahaha Like it's great because they do it because they love you, but their medicine practice is a bit.... tribal ha Like I have tried some weird remedies this week! One family made me like a weird tea from this plant that made my throat tingle. Another member gave me a back massage with a bottle, and put some leaf that looked an awfully lot like Marijuana down my shirt hahaha I feel like I was just missing a healing man dance to get em feeling 100% again! hahaha But hey, I'm not about to complain, it worked!


This week, we had a baptism of a 17 year old girl named Cynthia, who is way awesome! A member invited her to church, and she already has a ton of friends, and goes to seminary. WE have another baptism this Tuesday for someone named Fabian! HE is one of my favorite people I have met in Paraguay hahaha He speaks nothing of Spanish, so his family helps us translate, bet he is super humble and way willing to follow God! After we taught him the Word of Wisdom, he threw away all of his cigarettes and alcohol, and hasn't touched them since! haha He is so awesome. Way stoked for his baptism this Tuesday! This Wednesday are changes.... dun dun dun! I am nervoussssss I have No idea what's gonna happen, or who is gonna be my next comp! Butttttt whatever it may be, it's the Lords will :) haha Today, we are going to the temple for my first time here in Paraguay!..... to clean! haha Yeahhhhh I'm way excited. And I get to Skype this week too, way stoked to see the fam :) Love you guys! Thanks for all the support!


Elder Kyle Horton



No comments:

Post a Comment