Monday, October 5, 2015

Conferencia General



Me and the Gang! We all got to Paraguay together 1 year ago this week. It's been such an awesome journey!




Me and my converts who got baptized last general conference exactly 6 months ago. They have come so far since then. It's been awesome to see their growth.


General Conference as a missionary is literaly better than christmas. I couldn't sleep the night before I was so excited! The messages that were given were truly inspiring, and inspired, seeing that here in the Church of Jesus Christ we have living prophets and apostles. My favorite? Couldn't choose... But if I had to it would easily be the talk by Elder Jeffrey R Holland about motherhood, mothers are the best, and by Mom's the best, so that makes her the best of the best! haha On a more manly theme, I did really enjoy the talk given by Deiter F Uckdorf in the Priesthood session about Daniel the prophet. He applied his life's story so well to us as priesthood holders, and members of the only true church to stand up for what's right. In short: Best. Weekend. Ever.


Other than that, it was a pretty normal week! It rained on Wednesday, well I guess more like it troipical rainstormed on Wednesday. We left the house anyways, determined to share the gospel with all the world!! So we walked around, clapping in front of every door (They clap here), but nobody wanted to let in two soaking wet missionaries. Sooooo a few hours later we decided to just go visit New Converts, and in the process found like 5 new investigators! Jsut comes to show that members are the key ha


I'm 6 foot 5, my comp is barely 5 feet tall. I feel like a giant 24/7


We are going to grill a bunch of meat on our roof today in a "Parilla" or grill that we borrowed from our neighbors. Che aipota so'ombichy heterer'i.


Love you guys!


Elder Horton


No comments:

Post a Comment