Monday, April 6, 2015

Bienvenidos a la Conferencia General....


Bautismos... Everybody...

Not the prettiest thing to wake up to in the morning!




Okay, so this week has been NOTHING but work. ha We havent done anything these past 7 days but walk, teach, eat, and plan. Ahhhh man it's so awesome too. I'm finally starting to feel the spirit of the mission. Before it was just like yeahhhh I will work, and help and teach, but my heart wasn't in it. Something has just clicked here in this last change, that has helped me truly give it my all. We had 5 baptisms this week, which was a huge blessing, of which I am truly grateful. We had it on Sunday and baptised them right after the first session of conference. I was able to watch/listen to conference in English for  most of the time, but Spanish for the priesthood session. I even got to listen to a bit in Guarani! ha We were able to bring with us to general conference a total of 11 investigators, which is HUGE (The most I have ever had at church). Especially considering the fact that we had to travel an hour in a bus to get to the nearest stake center. We then treated ourselves to a bit of pizza and a chocolate milkshake after YUMMMMM (First of either of those in 7 months) ha Elder Cronin goes home after this change, which is a bummer! Imma miss him a bunch. We have a few baptisms planned for this week. Would you please pray for Esteven, so that he can quit breaking the word of wisdom, and Augusto, so that he can get married! I really have learned so much from my comp. Especially about Faith! With faith, we can really do anything, even move mountains like the scriptures explain. And if so, why not use our Faith to help others come unto christ? My comp is constantly asking me, "Elder, que tal su Fe?" or "Elder, how's your faith?" haha At times, after getting rejected by crazy catholics, or losing a golden investigator, it's easy to lose the hope of finding that miracle of a person, who is chosen and prepared to be baptised. But the truth is, is that person is out there. You just have to maintain the faith that you can, and will find the people chosen specifically for you. ha The mission is the best. Ah, I just feel like I'm on some sort of spiritual high, especially after that awesome general conference. ha! Anyways, I hope you guys have enjoyed the easter season there in good old SLC! haha It's a bit different down here as one would imagine. LOTS of drunk people and obnoxious music! haha Anyways, have a great week everyone! Thanks for the emails of support and encouragement. 

Love you guys!

Elder Horton







































No comments:

Post a Comment