Monday, February 23, 2015

Waddup?




















Waddup friends and fam. Currently sitting here writing you guys, and it just happened that there is a Beyonce song playing in this internet cafe how AWESOME is that. She kills it! Wow it's been too long since I have listened to REAL american music haha 

Anywaysss so this week! Has been way awesome. Having an american comp has been so nice. It is really interesting talking with him. We seem to have adapted our own Spanish/English/Guarani dialect, which is all together just really confusing haha For example, This is what my comp told me earlier today. Thought I would right it down to send it today "Our house is chuchi, but dormiendo without airre is the worstttttt" hahaha It makes no sense, but it really does! I dunno, It's weird. My comp is way cool though. Super obedient, and has a really kinda nerdy sense of humor but I love him anyways haha TOO many conversations about Lord of the Rings! 

So they is a lady named Rosa and her husband Mario, we are "Dry Members" Or members who still haven't gotten baptised. They have been waiting 1 year to get through a messy divorce until they can get their license to get married and then get baptised! They come to church EVERY sunday, and help out with baptisms and activities and stuff. They are about 50 years old, and super strong in the gospel! They have already been making arrangments to go on a couples mission. But yeah, they aren't even baptised yet! haha Butttt that's about to change! They are 95% positive that they will get their license this month, so I will most likely have the opportunity to baptise them. STOKED

We have also been teaching their 20 year old cousin, who is equally as awesome. Might get baptised this saturday, but if not for sure the following Saturday! We had a super spiritual lesson with her yesterday, because she has a bit of a problem... Her parents hate the church. they really don't want her to get baptised, but she really wants to! She knows the LDM is true and that Joseph Smith was a prophet and everything. We had SUCH a great lesson with her, and at the end she asked me to give the prayer. Halfway through my prayer. she just starts bawling! Like crying hard core. I finished, and she jsut told us thanks so much, and that she felt a super strong impression that she needs to get baptised suring that prayer. It was so cool! One of the coolest experiences I have had in my mission. 

We also had 2 baptisms this week, which we were originally just planning on having one, but it just so happened that we found a former investigator we had been taught by the missionaries about 1 year ago, and wanted to get baptised! Miracles happen, you just have to be obedient! Which frankly, I have always had a tough time with. But I'm getting a lot better out here! It's nice to have a comp who helps you out to haha Anywayyyyy here are some pics! Thanks guys love you

Elder Horton

No comments:

Post a Comment