Monday, February 9, 2015

Ita ROCKED!




Soooooo this email right here is most likely my last email I will send you guys from here in Ita. There is a 90 percent chance I'm getting changed this wednesday! It's been a blst here, it really has. I have learned and grown so much these past 4 months! It's gonna be tough saying goodbye to all my friends here in Ita butttttt that's just how it goes our here in the mission. Ita means 'Stone' en Guarani... Hence the title of this email Ita ROCKED (¿Ha?) Punnyyyyyyy

This week... was HOT (Surprise surprise) So hot, that one day while we were walking down a paved street, my comps shoes started to melt. Like the rubber on the bottom of his shoes started melting off! haha So hot, that it burns when you accidentally touch your missionary plaque! Yeaahhhhh needless to say I'm a little sun-burned. When I first got here in Paraguay, I was showing signs of gaining weight buttttt.... Burned it ALL off! I feel even skinnier now than when I left. (DANG) Like that bums me out more than anything! haha It's just due to all of this darned walking and walking and walking and walking in the sun.

This past week was awesome! But kinda bittersweet. We have 2 baptisms this Saturday... But I'm not gonna be here DANG IT hahaha Soooooo this week.. let's see... Oh yeah! One of our investigators died. He is a guy that is about 50 years old, and lives alone in a brick hut in the middle of 'The Chakra' (A farm). He had accpepted a date for his baptism and everything! Butttt one day, we went to visit his sister (Member) And there was a huge gathering of people at her house. We thought it was some sorta fiesta or something but nope, It was his funeral! sadly, we didn't even realize this, until we looked over in a strange wooden box on the table and saw our dead investigator... AHHHH it startled me so bad! haha My comp too. hahaha It was really sad but kinda funny at the same time. Oh welllll temple baptisms are easier anyways... Ahhhhhh that's terrible! hahaha He was a cool guy. Only spoke Guarani, but way humble and nice! 

Well, love you guys a ton! Until next week... PEACE

Elder Horton 

No comments:

Post a Comment