Monday, November 17, 2014

PIQUE

My Dude (House of Larissa, new convert)

Service in the house of a new convert!  The tree my comp is sitting on is a branch that fell
from a gigantic tree hanging right over their house.  Their kitchen is underneath

Spending rainy days with some members having a tic tac toe tournament
Thanks so much for all the support and encouragement! It means the world to me that I have so many loving friends and family.

Wow, what a week it's been! Bad news first: This week something interesting happened ha Soooo I had this blister on my toe for a few weeks, you know that's jsut a normal thing, right? WRONG ha Here in paraguay, they have something called 'Pique'. This blister was hurting more than a blister usually hurts, so I told my comp about it, and he explained to me what exactly is Pique. Pique is a bug, that live on the floors of houses. It burrows inside of you and digs down to your blood, where it lays it's eggs inside of your body creating a blister looking pouch of eggs. HA! I was freaking out. Missionaries get this every once in a while, but it's not super common! We immediately went into operation, and with our zone leaders who live upstairs, needle, rubbing alcohol, and a little fire, we safely (I think) Exctracted all of the eggs and the Pique hahaha And I didn't even cry! ha Wow, so there is the adventure of the week. I now understand why they tell us to use shower sandals! ha

This week has been pretty noraml, other than that. We currently have 3 progressing investigators, and tehy all attended church this Sunday! My Spanish is coming along, every so slowly ha Our bathroom flooded this week, so we've been constantly cleaning that up. Someone is coming to repair it today! We had a district activity last MOnday, and it was TOO fun! haha We all bought matching shirts with our names imprinted on our backs. We played futbol (surprise) and had a cake fight after and made tacos! It was really relieving to finally relax and kick back for a bit. 

One thing that has really been developing spiritually for me, is my love for the scriptures. Before my mission, I read them and they were good, but now it's like I can't read enough!! Every morning, we get an hour for personal study, and I find myself always wanting more. I've been reading them in Spanish, and I'm in Alma chapter 14! I'm finally to the point where I can read about 3 or 4 chapters a day. I just love how much you can learn for just sitting down and reading a chapter or two. I have learned so many things that can help me, and help others come unto christ. I think my favorite story in the B O M for right now, is the story of Abinidi. That guy is forever going to be my hero! He went through so much, and testified so powerfully. He even ended up giving up his life to really prove his beliefs! How far are we willing to go to show what we believe in? My comp and I were in the house of an investigator on Thursday. He is a teenager, and we really wanted to get to know his parents! We went inside, to meet them, and my comp saw a bottle of acohol on the counter. He walks over to it, grabs it, and asks his parents why they would ever have this in their house. He then walked over to the garbage can and threw it away! haha I was dumbfounded. He told me after that it's something he has always done in his mission, and hopes to continue the habit after his mission as well. I thought that was so awesome! Like wow, I will for sure start doing that as well. i think he sets a great example of how we should all be. We can't afford to allow or permit ANY form of sin in our lives. We must always do our best to turn away from the things of the world. I know that if we do that, we will be eternally blessed! 


No comments:

Post a Comment