Monday, February 15, 2016

Valentines Day


The lovely couple
Group Pic.



Jesus es mi Luz




We celebrated our valentines day starting Friday... with a wedding!!! WOOHHOOOOO haha My first wedding of my whole mission... POR FIN. I have always wanted to have one. Laura (Who got married with her husband who is already a member) then got baptised on Saturday. And I know I say this about all my converts... but she's pretty much the coolest. We have seen such an amazing chagne in her over this past month since we've been teaching her. She literally knew NOTHING about God, or religion, and it's been incredible watching her plant her seed of faith, and watching it sprout. Aaaaaaaand a year from now they are for sure going to the temple!! FAMILYYYYYYY


Spent 6 hours in a bus STANDING today going to a Liders conference. My. Mind. And. Body. Are. Dead.


Other than that, this week was just like any other hectic life being a missionary. LOTS of talking with everyone, and doing crazy last minute wedding plans ha It's so much fun


So in church on Sunday, the Ex-President of the branch showed up to church for the first time in 7 years... He stopped coming once he got released for giving out Bishops food storage to everyone. There is such a problem with that here. There are SO many less actives who hate the church liders for taking away their food storage, it's like the feel entitled to recieve constant help from the church, when in reality the program is in place to temporarily help those in need, and help help become self sufficent. It's just such a sad thing, to watch a family that has so much potential, trade their blessing for a pot of pourage... By letting something so small keep them from enjoying the feast of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and becoming clean through his atoning sacrifice


I studied in particular John 14, 15 and 16 this week, which contain a detailed discourse of Jesus that he gave after his Last Supper with his disciples. It truly touched me reading about his lving sacrifice for us, and the need we have to always have the spirit with us, it is obviously made of great importance by the Saviour in his last hours as a mortal being. It touches me beyond belief the great love he has for us. He believes in us! He had so much faith in us that he was willing to "Take of the bitter cup, and shrink" and die for our sins. I will forever be grateful for Him, and the sacred duty and privilege I have to wear his name on my name tag, and for all the wonderful spiritual experiences being a full time missionary has given me. Looking back on my mission, I truly feel... at peace with myself. I feel good about the work I have done and the progress I have made, and that is so important to recognize.


Love you guys so much! Have a great one




Dum Dum Dum Duuuuuuummm Dum Dum Di Duuuuummmm (Wedding march) played by the one and only. Turns out the years of suffering through piano lessons DID end up helping me out on my mission :)


No comments:

Post a Comment