Monday, January 18, 2016

Ca'acupe in White Wash

So... I got transferred. ha! FINALLY 11 months in my last area. I was ready to move on. And so here I am now... In the city of Ca'acupe, otherwise known as the Sin City of Paraguay, becuase this city is known as the catholic capital of Paraguay. The City of the Churches. It's about 2 and a half hours out of the capital, Asuncion. And to add to it, me and my comp got here in White Wash, where they take out the two missionaries that were there before, and put us new guys in. Neither of us know the area, and to add to it, we are the Zone Leaders here. Despite all of that stressful hard stuff, it has been such. a. blast.

So I boarded a small colorful packed bus, solo, without a cell phone, with my suitcases and no more than the name of the city to get me here. The bus took me through a hilly, canyon jungle and I finally got here, in Caacupe, where the bus dropped me off in the Basilica (is that a word in engish?) It's a small city, with kind of a touristy feel to it. It's set in the middle of two huge hills. I was able to find the house where the missionaries lived by asking around, and finally met my comp, el Elder Gavidia, from Peru. I am training him to be a Zone Leader, he has about one year in the mish. He's a great guy, just always super happy. Our Area were we work in is HUGE. an a map, it reaches about 20 to 25 kilometers in diameter, with a small part here in the city, and the rest takes you through jungle trails, and little communities of people. Lots. Of. Walking.


The branch here has a zone covering 3 cities, and there are 8 missioniaries woring in it to cover it all. It's... known to be a difficult area, Ca'acupe. For example, last year in the branch, there were 100 baptisms, which is a LOT. Buttttt only about 8 of those 100 people are still attending...


Something strange about here in Ca'acupe, is that there a lot of German families here, that immigrate here (I don't have any idea why) and live in secluded farm lands about a 2 hour walk from our house, there are no busses- A few are members, we had a lesson with a man from Germany the other day while contacting... Never thought I would get to do that here ha

But, other than that, I am super happy to ge here. The area is Beautiful... It's so much fun. We have heard rumors from the members and missionaries that there is a tribe of guarani living in our area (Indiginous) jsut to sum up how awesome this place is. We WILL be looking for them this week. I will keep you updated!

Love you guys!



Elder Horton



Visit from Elder Cronin

No comments:

Post a Comment